Explanation of Tuition and Fees as they Apply to eLearning
Tuition and Fees
- The University Bursar is responsible for all tuition, fees, and student accounts. Their website contains extensive details on topics such as tuition and fees, deadlines, payment instructions, refunds, penalties, tax information, and more.
- Tuition is applied at the time a student if officially registered in a course. Regardless of attendance or performance, students are responsible for tuition payment unless a formal request is made to be withdrawn and proper paperwork is submitted and approved. Tuition refunds follow a sliding scale. More information about withdraws and refunds.
- Application fees (non-refundable) must be made before applications are processed.
- Undergraduate students may pay by credit card or by check.
- Graduate students may pay online by credit card or check.
- To qualify for Virginia Resident rates, students must meet a set of residency requirements and provide relevant documentation. All others pay non-Virginia resident tuition.
Request for In-State Tuition form (Undergraduate students only, Graduate Students it is included in your online application)
Tuition for Online Credit Courses
- Virtual campus students are those participating in online courses at the graduate or undergraduate level. Virtual campus graduate students, with 100 percent virtual campus courses, pay extended campus fees.
- Undergraduate students pay regular in-state or out-of-state tuition and fees.
- Graduate students pay in-state or out-of-state extended campus fees
Tuition for Videoconferencing Courses
- Extended campus students are those participating in videoconferencing courses offered at one of Virginia Tech's approved videoconferencing sites. Extended campus rates apply for these students.
Tuition for K-12 Employees in Virginia
- K-12 employees qualify for reduced tuition. Documentation is required. See in-state rates below if you live in Virginia and work in Virginia schools.
- K-12 employees who live in North Carolina or Tennessee but work in Virginia schools will qualify for In-state tuition for K-12 rates. Those students who live in Maryland or West Virginia but work in Virginia schools will qualify for a Reduced Out-state tuition amount. For the current rates please contact us for details.
K-12 Employee Tuition Reduction form (Graduate)
K-12 Employee Tuition Reduction form (Undergraduate)
Disclaimer: Information posted on this page is subject to change and must be verified with the University Bursar.